It is a big mistake to think that all safety shoes are the same. You need to choose the right shoes according to the risks you need and the risks in your working environment. Choosing the right work shoes also increases the life of the shoes.
A wide variety of factors can affect the lifespan of this safety shoe. Therefore, it is not possible to give an exact lifetime for the foot protector. Generally, a new safety shoe with a sole made entirely of polyurethane or TPU has a life of 1 years. The estimated life of other shoe types is a maximum of 3 years.
Health and Care
The life of the protective shoes can be extended by cleaning the shoes after each use and making the following rules a habit.
- The most common problem in the use of work shoes is fungal infections. However, this problem is mostly caused by not knowing and/or not following the hygiene rules.
- One of the most important reasons why employees avoid wearing work shoes is their weight. For this reason, care should be taken to ensure that work shoes are not heavy (maximum 1 kg/pair).
- Work shoes are a personal product just like normal shoes. It is recommended to wear clean and dry socks.
- Shoes and socks must be dried before being reused. Since safety shoes are worn for a long time, they should support our feet and the sole and insole should provide comfort for feet.
- When using work shoes, dirt and other contaminated substances (oil, chemical substance, etc.) that get on the sole and upper skin should be wiped with a damp cloth and kept clean regularly.
- Sharp tools should not be used to clean shoes.
- Store shoes in a ventilated environment.
- Keep away from heat sources.
- When the top of the shoes is dry and/or at regular intervals, they should be painted with appropriate products (shoe polish, cream, shine, spray).
- When shoes get very wet for any reason, they should be left to dry on their own in an open, cool and well-ventilated place. Drying should not be attempted by using any heat source.
- Keep away from aggressive chemicals (petroleum, acid, solvent etc.), they may damage the shoe quality, durability and protection effect.